ISU Insurance Services of Colorado (ISU) is a 137-year-old independent insurance brokerage firm working with businesses and individuals to provide Property and Casualty insurance coverages, as well as Life, Health and Employee Benefits protection.
Business insurance specialties include technology related entities, youth sports associations, mines, breweries, and not-for-profit organizations including independent schools. We’re also known for our willingness to tackle the “tougher stuff” – accounts that others don’t have the knowledge or expertise to handle.
Our history of insuring independent schools dates to the mid-1990s, and ISU has been an insurance and risk management provider to approximately 58% of the members of the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS) since 2002. In total, we work with over25 independent schools.
We’re not proud of this statement regarding our industry, but in many cases, it seems that “the big print giveth and the small print taketh away.” Paying attention to insurance policy forms and contract language is essential to providing the best protection to our clients.
We are a member of the ISU Insurance Agency Network, headquartered in San Francisco since 1979. ISU Insurance Agency Network is an organization exclusively for independent insurance agents that offers a cohesive national database of insurance knowledge. The Power of Independence and the Strength of Unity allows ISU's members to effectively solve your insurance and financial risk management problems, such as price, coverage, satisfactory claims settlements, security, and peace of mind.
Through the proprietary ISU One Responsible Source™ concept, our clients around the country access a nationwide delivery system for comprehensive and integrated solutions. If interested, this gives business owners the convenience of buying all their insurance and consumer driven health care from a single point of contact.
Individually and as a network, we are dedicated to consistently delivering the best value for your premium dollar. With 192 offices coast to coast, the ISU Value Search™ accesses over 350 insurance companies to assure you receive the best combination of price, product, and service. Nationwide more than 80,000 businesses and 3,000,000 families and individuals know from personal experience that Our Knowledge is Your Best Insurance™.
At ISU, we work to be your Risk Manager that’s not on your payroll by providing Value-Add Services including:
- Web-based system providing safety, risk management, human resources, and legislative guidance.
- Workers’ Compensation tools to help your school identify and analyze problem areas and develop targeted solutions to improve your Experience Modification Factor (E-Mod) and reduce premiums.
- Access to Colorado Safety Association / Pinnacol Assurance Safety Group for Workers’ Compensation Dividend Program.
- ISU Risk Management powered by CrisisRisk, a national leader in risk identification, preparedness planning, training, and crisis management. (Complimentary initial consultation provided.)
- Strong partnerships with specific carriers and specialty programs for not-for-profit organizations.
- Lease and Contract Reviews.
- Property Value Reviews.
- 24 Hour Access to Corporate Officers.
- Claims Consulting.
- Premium Audit Assistance.
- Benefit Administration system that will enable you to onboard new employees (including collection of W-4 & I-9 forms), offer online benefit enrollment, track time-off, host secure and backed-up personnel files, all while serving as a centralized communication portal for your team members. (Additional costs may be involved depending on options selected.)
- Employee Benefits Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) are offered for a fee of $300, which includes updating your SPD for three years.
The leverage we have with our insurance carriers and specialty programs is of utmost importance in an ever-changing insurance environment. This helps us negotiate broader coverage terms and policy holder language and eliminate exclusions with certain carriers.
Our One Responsible Source philosophy not only demonstrates our commitment to our clients, but helps to avoid gaps or overlaps in coverage. For example, decisions made on Employee Benefit plans can create coverage implications related to Fiduciary Liability and Workers’ Compensation coverage.
While we appreciate the resources of the ISU Insurance Agency Network, our individual firm places business with over 120 carriers each year, and we are currently licensed in 47 states and provide protection in several foreign countries.